23 Oct Marketing Plan Tips for Startups
Before starting any small business venture it is a must to write a business and marketing plan. There are many resources available to help you outline the elements of a marketing plan such as those provided by SCORE and the SBA so this article does not attempt to review these elements. Rather, the author seeks to outline some marketing plan tips for startups. It is a fact that those business owners who take the time to clearly define their business and marketing plans succeed in far greater numbers than those who don’t.
Here are some marketing plan tips for startups:
1. Schedule dedicated time with all employees create and review the company marketing plan
2. If possible, plan multiple year plans. These can be revised each year
4. Use visuals to plot achievement of milestones which can serve to recognize and motivate staff
5. Utilize project management software to track activity completion
6. Create a budget for projected marketing costs for the year. This number may be higher in the first year of start-ups.
7. Build in reinforcers for successful performance
By taking the time to create your marketing plan- you can arrive at your goals more quickly, know timeframes when completion of goals is necessary, and by building in reinforcers to successful performance- you can reward yourself and your staff, and have fun in the process.